Trans Regional maritime Network (T-RMN)
- India Signed accession to agreement on TRMN
- Multilateral construct comprises of 30 countries and is steered by Italy
- India already has bilateral white shipping agreements with 36 countries
- Facilitates information exchange on the movement of commercial traffic on the high seas
- Information available primarily through automatic identification system (AIS)
India, Nepal, Bhutan plan joint task force to project wildlife
- To allow free movement of wildlife across political boundaries and checking smuggling of wildlife across Kanchenjunga landscape
- According to international center for integrated mountain development (ICIMOD), it is home for 169 species of mammals and 713 species of birds.
Cyclone phethai to make land fall in Andhra Pradesh
Over south-west and adjoining west central bay of Bengal Likely to move N-NW & across Andhra Pradesh coast around Kakinada and odisha.
- Sedimentary rock, rich in organic chemical called Kerogen
- Kerogen releases Hydrocarbon when heated at high temperature.
- This hydrocarbon used as alternative to petroleum or natural gas
- oil shale is a fossil fuel that formed inside earth, millions of years ago.
- oil shale is in solid form.
- It is first mined, then heated at high temp. resultant liquid is separated to get oil
- Extraction process produces large amount of greenhouse gases
Satellite communication HUB in the sky
- India to launch IDRSS to improve data relay of communication links with earth observation satellite & GSLV MK III (Indian Data relay Satellite system)
- Two IDRSS satellites placed in geostationary orbit enabling satellite to satellite comm. & transfer data.
- Reduce the dependence on ground station tracking satellite
- India has largest remote sensing satellite system
- visibility range is high
- visibility of ground station satellite is not more than 10-15mm.