India proposes plan to tackle fugitive economic offenders
India presented 9 point agenda to G-20 countries calling for strong & active co-operation
- Strong cooperation in legal process, such as effective freezing of the proceeds of crime
- Joint effort by countries to form a mechanism that denies entry and safe havens to fugitive economic offenders
- Principals of united national convention Against corporation (UNCAC), UN convention Against transitional organized center (UNOTC)
- Financial action task force (FATF) called upon to assign priority & focus to establish international cooperation
Trans – Fat
occurs naturally at very low level in some meat and dairy products
Fats can be saturated, UN-saturated Artificial &Transfat
- Artificial TFAs formed when hydrogen is made to react with oil, to produces fats resembling pure ghee/butter
- Trans fatty Acid (TFAs) are naturally found in small amounts in beef & full -fat dairy product
- Saturated fatty acid should not comprise more than 10% of our daily calorie intake
- Trans fatty acid should not comprise more than 1% of daily calories intake
- WHO in may 2018 released draft recommendations on limiting intake of trans-fat
- FSSAI proposed to limit TFA in foods to 2% & eliminate trans-fats from food by 2022.
- FSSAI launch new mass media campaign “Heart attack reviewing” a 30 sec public announcement that warn citizen about health hazards.
Aunachal ‘s Dibang could be India’s highest Tiger habitat
- Presence of Tiger in the snow-led Dibang Valley of Arunchal Pradesh at height of 3630 meters.
Climate talks begin in polish Coal city katowice
- An year-end deadline to produce a rule book.
- G-20 member, except US, sign declaration of support to rule book.
- Paris rule book which will determine how government record report their greenhouse emissions and efforts to cut them.
- Rule book aimed at limiting the rise in global temperature to blow 1.5°c – 2°c.
New tax code will not change rates or slabs
- Tax code will make income tax act simpler and less prone to litigation.
- Focus on reducing litigation by offering tax certainty
- Revision in tax rate can take up as a part of annual budget
- Reducing tax litigation, make tax law relevant to new business models and ensuring accountability.
- Stringent penalty for not disclosing assets held abroad under Black money Act 2016.
Together in on uncertain world
European union (EU) roadmap for strengthening ties with India
- Need to conclude
- Border strategic partnership Agreement
- Intensifying dialogue on Afganisthan & central Area
- Strengthening technical cooperation on fighting terrorism
- countering radicalization, violent extremism and terrorist financing
- International labour organisation’s Global wage report underlines the need for wage expansion.
|The me & Indian Pavillion|
” One world, One sun, One grid”
Aim: To prevent dangerous human interference with climate system.
Meeting : Ministry launched nation wide campaign called Green Good Deeds Movement
- Global wage report adjusted for inflation, slowed to 1.87 in 2017 from 2.47 in 2016
- india has offered highest wages in south asia in last decade as per decade.
- India is at bottom with respect to wage parity between male and female (gender based)
India to play responsible rate at climate meet
- Forthcoming COP24 climate change meeting in Katowice, Poland
§ UNFCCC – International treaty entered in March 1994
§ UN is promoting ISA & resolve to make India plastic free by 2022
|Championship of earth award|
UN highest environmental honour given by UNEP.
International solar Alliance (ISA)
- Consist of 121 countries
- Foundations stone laid by Indian PM & France then president on Jan 2016.
- First summit of ISA in Delhi on March 2016
- Consist most of those countries located b/w tropic of cancer & tropic of capricon however recently, it has been made open to any member of UN.
- Target of ISA : 1 TW of solar energy by 2030
- Promotion of solar energy
- ISA one of the largest organization in world
- ISA is first international organization that has secretariat in India
- Indian Renewable energy development Agency (IREDA) & solar energy corporation of India (SECI) announced contribution of US $1Billion each
Committed to shared growth in Indo-Pacific
BRICS leader discuss ways to safeguard multi-lateralism, including the world trade organization (WTO)
- Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa
- BRIC started as formal grouping in 2006 on margin of GB outreach summit
- Originally first four were grouped as BRIC before the induction of S.A. in 2010
- 1st summit held in Russia in 2009 of BRIC, 1st BRICS summit was held in 2011
- Russia, India, China that meet annually since 2002. Includes the shanghai cooperation organization.
Polvram multi-purpose project
Polavaram project was accorded national status in 2014 in the Andhra Pradesh Bifurcation Act
- Multi-purpose irrigation project
- Dam across Godavari river located in west Godavari district & East Godavari District in Andhra Pradesh State
- Its reservoir spread in parts of chattisgarh and Orissa state also
- For development of irrigation, Hydro power and drinking water facilities to esat Godavari, Vishakhapatnam, West Godavari and Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh.